Fort Wayne Integrative Medicine
Primary, Integrative and Internal Medicine located in Fort Wayne, IN
If people are struggling with losing weight on their own, they may benefit from medications like Semaglutide to promote better weight loss. Even when eating a balanced diet and increasing physical activity, it may still be difficult to shed extra pounds. Fort Wayne Integrative Medicine offers Semaglutide injections to improve patients’ weight loss journey and help them reach their goal weight. To learn more, call the office at 260-999-6924 or email email@example.com.
Semaglutide Q & A
What is Semaglutide?
Semaglutide is an injectable weight loss medication that’s FDA - approved. The ingredient, Semaglutide, helps support sustainable weight loss by suppressing appetite and reducing cravings. Semaglutide is injected into the patients’ upper arm, stomach, or upper leg.
The weight loss treatment mimics GLP-1, a hormone that the gut naturally produces. The hormone helps slow down the emptying of the stomach and promote feelings of fullness.
Which conditions can improve with Semaglutide?
Being overweight or obese is linked to several medical conditions that affect patients’ long-term health and wellness. People may benefit from weight loss management and medications like Semaglutide to improve:
- High cholesterol
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Type 2 diabetes
- Cardiovascular disease
- Sleep apnea
Losing weight may also help boost mood and overall self-esteem. With obesity, some people struggle with depression, which is a mood disorder that causes ongoing feelings of sadness and hopelessness.
What are the benefits of Semaglutide injections?
Semaglutide injections at Fort Wayne Integrative Medicine offer many advantages for weight loss and can help improve patients’ overall health. In clinical trials, Semaglutide injections showed an average loss of 12-18% of people’s initial body weight after 56 weeks*.
The weight loss medication may also help lower people’s blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure levels with regular use*.
Another benefit of the weight loss treatment is convenience. With once-weekly injections, people don’t need to take or maintain any daily medications to stay on the right track with their weight loss plan.
Who's a good candidate for Semaglutide?
In order to qualify for the drug, people must have a body mass index (BMI) of 27 or higher and at least one other weight-related condition like high cholesterol, high blood pressure, or Type 2 diabetes. Patients with a BMI of 30 or higher and don’t have related health problems can still have Semaglutide injections.
Feel confident again and lose weight more effectively with Semaglutide. To learn more about Semaglutide injections and how it can help you reach your weight loss goals, call Fort Wayne Integrative Medicine.
*Individual results may vary
- It's part of a 3-prong approach to weight loss, which includes regular exercise, better food choices and Semaglutide to help reduce hunger.
- It's done in the privacy of the patient’s home and is a once a week injection.
- Wegovy is the brand name and Semaglutide is the main weight loss ingredient. We have Semaglutide compounded, so it’s no longer a brand name and is available to most patients.
- Patients have mentioned they gain some weight back, each individual is different. But the exercise and dietary components must be adhered to for longer term results.
- Yes, it can increase over a period of a few months or a month. It really depends on if the patient has any side effects or preference based on their weight loss.
- Unfortunately, it does not. The patient must change their lifestyle with regular vigorous exercise and better food choices to maintain long term results.
- It’s up to the patient and the doctor; some patients stay on it indefinitely.
- The price is subject to change, currently it starts at $300 a month, plus the Office Visit fee. As the dosage increases, the price will also increase.